Family Therapy in Halifax, NS
Psychological counselling to help your family improve communication and resolve conflicts
Experiencing family trauma and negative events while growing up can have an impact on our present and future behaviour. Supportive Counselling Services can help you to work through and resolve your family issues including anger and negative interactions, helping your family to live in a healthy, supportive environment.
Family is at the root of our values and beliefs. Maintaining a healthy interaction within a family unit plays an important role in the development of children and youth. Supportive Counselling Services provides an unbiased, compassionate approach to open up communication within your family.
Family Therapy at Supportive Counselling focuses on:
- Uncover and set healthy boundaries
- Family health and development
- Assess family health, learn to develop positive relationships.
- Family problems
- Take responsibility for self, identify personal violence, develop recovery rituals, remove communication blocks, forgive past hurts.
- Family and work
- Sort out issues of gender, money, and power
- Build a shared vision between working partners
It can be easy to shrug off the signs of an unhealthy family life because the interactions can become somewhat normalized. Some signs that you may want to speak with a family therapist are:
- Lack of communication
- Trouble developing boundaries
- High levels of conflict
- Behavioural issues
- Ongoing anger and resentment
Supportive Counselling Services has been providing counselling support to families for 40 years.